Friday, April 27, 2007

One of my favorite places to train



Faith Mountain is one of my favorite places to train. If you are in West Virginia or Kentucky, and you are looking for a place to have a family retreat, strategic planning for your Board of Directors, Staff Retreat, or workshops (complete with an overnight stay)I would highly recommend a stay at Faith Mountain. You need to know up front, they are a Christain based organization, and go to there web site for more information on their mission, vision, rates, and other information. Youth groups, churches, and Faith-Based Organizations will find the view breath taking, the hospitality top notch, the peacefullness soothing, and the whole experience calming. On top of it all, their rates are cheaper than most hotels (and you get so much more). I always like to spread the word when I find an organization that is truely fullfilling their mission, offering the best customer service, and offering a unique service. Faith Mountin hits the mark on all accounts. They are also hosting serveral workshops over the next few months for nonprofits and faith based organizations. They will host a Board Roles and Responsibilities workshop on May 11th, 2007 in conjunction with Mission West Virginia, Inc. I will be the trainer for that event. It is free of charge and open to the public. Just call Faith Mountain if you are interested in attending. I am going to add a few more pictures of the actual cabin I stayed in.


Needless to say, I arrived at Faith Mountain on Thursday evening tired (worn out really) and not feeling well. I was shown to a beautiful cabin, with a great back porch, a wonderful view, a pristine kitchen, and a whirlpool bath tub!!!! Guess where I headed first! Yep, the big bath tube! Just what I needed. I read, relaxed, and recharged, and was my old self again by the time I started the training the next day. I have plans to take the family back, for my hubby's birthday no less! There web site is www.faithmountain.org. Hope you get a chance to go, it is a great experience, and a great way to support another nonprofit in West Virginia.

No comments: