Friday, April 20, 2007

Thoughts on Virginia Tech


My personal thoughts on Virginia Tech. Why in the world are we cutting funding in this country for mental health when it is so obvious that it is a critical need? What more has to happen to illustrate the need for public mental health services, that are affordable, available, and critical!?!? I encourage you to visit this website
http://www.vt.edu/
Today, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families and friends, the students and the community. Hope everyone is wearing their maroon and orange today. I know that the students of Marshal University have formed a bond of grief and understanding with Virginia Tech. And as a past University Prof. (Lindenwood University), I can only imagine the grief and disbelief shared on campus. I hope we will wake up as a country, and demand funding for social services that will give communities and individuals the tools needed to avoid future tragedies. Today, I am a Virginia Tech alumni even though I graduated from a different university, and I hope you are too.

No comments: